- How to install a Shipping Container Window & Security Shutter
- Total Time Needed :
- Required Tools:
- Things Needed?
- Steps to install a container window shutter:
- Safety First
- Step 1 - Measure up
- Step 2 - Grind back 2 areas for the support brackets
- Step 3 - Tack weld the support brackets
- Step 4 - Lift RHS frame into position
- Step 5 - Mark out the hole
- Step 6 - Remove the support brackets
- Step 7 - Cut the hole
- Step 8 - Tidy up the cut edges
- Step 9 - Lift the RHS frame into position
- Step 10 - Weld the RHS frame in
- Step 11 - Lift the window shutter frame into position
- Step 12 - Tack shutter frame into RHS frame
- Step 13 - Position glazing into place
- Step 14 - Install glazing
- Step 15 - Hang shutter doors onto the frame
- Step 16 - Test the closing and locking
- Step 17 - Seal any joins and gaps
- Step 18 - Paint the shutter with the container
- Step 19 - You're finished!
- Featured Products
How to install a Shipping Container Window & Security Shutter
Our installation instructions will show you how to install a window shutter and glazing into a shipping container ready to be repainted and finished on site.
VIEW OUR ACCOMPANYING INSTALLATION VIDEO HERE: https://youtu.be/EaY9wLaK2nc
Total Time Needed :
See our other guide for advice on how to install a shipping container door.